"When words cannot provide the solace we need or express the joy we feel, when it is simply futile to attempt to explain that which is unexplainable, when logic and reason cannot yield adequate understanding about the injustices and inequalities of life, when mortal experience and evaluation are insufficient to produce a desired outcome, and when it seems we are so totally alone, truly we are blessed by the tender mercies of the Lord and made mighty even unto the power of deliverance." -Elder David A. Bedmar

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Where is your Heart?

Every day that I get older, I feel more sad that the world is so harsh. I feel for the sick, the injured, the disabled, the lonely, the orphans, the elderly, .....just about every class of human being, I guess.

Earthly life is hard. It is sometimes joyful, but a lot of the time it is just plain old difficult! I have found as I experience things in my life, that lately I have come to realize just what is important, and just what is not! There are things I should be spending my time on, and just as equally, there are things that I should not spend one second worrying over. One of the things I shouldn't have to be worrying over is what others say and do. Even if the things they are saying or doing affects me personally! Because, really, what can I do about it anyway?

Some people need to study and analyze the old Jewish Proverb that says,

What you don't see with your eyes, don't witness with your mouth. ~Jewish Proverb

I used to be one of those people. I think we all have been at some time in our lives. But age, experience, and loss have taught me better, I'd like to think. Especially loss.

Everything I do in my life since the loss of my child, has a different nuance, a different meaning, a greater sense of what is important. To sum up the difference in my perspective is to say that now my Heart is in the right place. I feel a need often to call up old friends, make amends, right wrongs I may have done or said. I feel the need to apply scripture knowledge to my life in the form of actions. Not just quote the words, but to try and live the words. Words like these

He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city. ~Proverbs 16:32

Even a fool, when he holdeth his peace, is counted wise: and he that shutteth his lips is esteemed a man of understanding. ~Proverbs 17:28

As a man thinks in his heart, so is he. ~Proverbs 23:7

Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might. ~Ecclesiastes 9:10

Golden bits of wisdom, faith, and Golden Rules for living our lives. So many pearls of wisdom from a loving Heavenly Father! Why do we waste so many years of our lives ignoring them? I think it is a wise man who learns when he is young to listen to the spirit, listen to the words of the Prophets, and listen to his heart!

Me? I am an old lady now, practically ancient, LOL! But hopefully it is never too late to teach an old dog new tricks! I desire to be a better person, a kinder person, and I desire to continue helping others until my old body and heart just give out! Hopefully, I can. Hopefully, my heart will remain in the right place!

Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. ~Matthew 6:19-21

My daily question when I wake up in the morning is now, " Where is your heart? "

No comments:

Post a Comment